This a repost of the update announcement on my blog.
Immediately following the Jam, over a dozen people played, critiqued, and rated the game. Many of those critiques discussed simple bugs or UX problems, and thus I've decided to update the game, post-jam, to make sure that any new players get the best experience they can.
Note: For those that want the exact version that was posted during the jam, I've hosted those files on my site. (I was unable to determine how to do so via Itch itself.)
The update is focused on bug-fixes and usability improvements:
- Increased the size of the cursor on the control screen
- Clicking the control screen with the mouse now reminds the player to use the keyboard
- Disabling the scene used to access the control screen no longer also disables the control screen (less likely to accidentally become stuck)
- Double "clicking" the accept button no longer breaks the control screen
- Adjusted the collider for the door to make its behavior more consistent
- Added "bumpers" to the second terminal to reduce tedium
- Added in-game messages to make win condition a bit more clear
- Disabled game data caching in the Unity build (this feature causes the game to fail in certain browser configurations)
While there's plenty more I could do to add new content (puzzles/features/polish/etc.), I won't be doing any of that for the foreseeable future: my
main project takes up the bulk of my development time, and I have no intention of changing that.
Nonetheless, I'm glad to have spent the small amount of time that I have on this jam game: it was a breath of fresh air and a chance to try something quite new. I hope you've enjoyed playing it as well.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.